Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Commencing countdown....10 more sleeps!

The countdown is on. 10 more days until my Salon and Spa opens. Be hair or Be Square is set to open in the GTA on Friday March 23rd at 10am. I'm in a bit of a panic because I'm not sure I have everything done yet. I've been working off a to-do-list that I've got shoved in my purse, but I still feel like something is missing.

Last week I secured my Salon Software. I spent hours on the internet, comparing options, prices, services, training, and testimonials and I finally made my choice. It was a tough choice, but I have a list of things that I NEEDED to have and the one I chose provided all of them, and more.

My staff has been hired and we will begin training on the new Salon Software next week. I expect that everyone will be able to use the program, even though some of them are petrified of computers. I need to ensure that all my staff can run the front desk. I don't want to be constantly wondering if someone is going to miss an appointment or forget to book a client. A bad referral is the WORST thing that could happen, especially opening weekend!!

The trainer will be coming on Thursday at 10am. We will all get a quick 30 minute tutorial and he will will teach us how to use the online tutorials so we can learn at our own pace too!

10 days and counting! I will post again on Thursday and let you know how our training went!!


Ready for our first client!!!
 
                              Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
                                                                                                              ----Khalil Gibran----

No comments:

Post a Comment